Thursday, October 04, 2007

From Livno to Sarajevo!

Livno was wonderful! It was so relaxing and great to see everyone again. It was nice just to be able to sit down with people we haven't seen for awhile and talk. We had a gathering at Toni's house the last night in Livno, giving us an opportunity to talk about our impressions of our stay in Livno as well as our stay in Bosnia as a whole. We had an awesome meeting with a group of students from the IB school in Sarajevo. We were supposed to go out with them that night, but it didn't happen, which was unfortunate. I didn't get a chance to hand out my email because we had to run to a meeting with a USAID officer, but it was nice to speak with them and compare our schools. Unlike most of the schools that we have visited, they had six or seven classes as we do. Tonight, I got a chance to walk around old town Sarajevo, after a momentary scare in which I believed my passport to have taken a longer vacation than expected in Livno. It was really amazing to think of all the history in just that one city. There was such a blend of cultures and faces, just as everyone has told us who has ever visited. I'm not ready to come home. Sorry family. :(