Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Whew!

We arrived in Banja Luka yesterday late morning and it has been a whirlwind ever since. As soon as we got out of our van/mini bus there were old familiar faces greeting us. Bojan, Milana, Ivana, Nina, Natasa, and Zejko along with friends from the embassy all escorted us to one of the high schools for some presentations from the students. We learned about all of the things that happen in the school and were treated to some performing arts exhibits, complete with singing and dancing. We also toured the technical school, which would be similar to our Vo-tech high schools. Yesterday evening was really great. We all broke off into groups and were able to spend time with old friends while we learned about the beautiful city they live in. Spending time relaxing in the cafe and enjoying some good conversation was definitely a highlight of the day. Today we will visit the economics school and then head to Tuzla. And I will beat Mark to the punch...I already know that I will sleep in the car!