Friday, September 28, 2007
Leaving Tuzla...
I'm not ready to leave!!! I have had a wonderful time here with Ana and (finally!) meeting Ana's family. The host families here have been so hospitible to us and we are so grateful.
Yesterday was BUSY. We gave five presentations total, and I ran out of business cards after the first one! The first two were given to first graders (freshmen) and third graders (juniors) at Ana's Gymnasium school. The other three were given to Arijana's classes in the middle and primary schools. The fifth graders actually asked more questions than the high school students. We taught them two 4-H songs, and they taught us "If you're happy and you know it" in Bosnian! We (especially Johnny!)were bombarded by children afterwards asking for autographs...
We gave one presentation at the other Gymnasium school today, and we were able to speak with the students later. We asked them what they thought of America and Americans, because we did not really have a sense of what their ideas were. It was nice to be able to hear from them firsthand.
I will be so sad to leave Tuzla!! It is such a lovely city, and the people are so friendly! I am excited to head to Mostar and meet other students there.
Love you all!!
Margot