Tuesday, September 25, 2007

3 countries in 3 hours!

What gorgeous weather we had today to drive through 3 countries - Serbia, Croatia, and Bosnia i Hercegovina. All in about 3 1/2 hours time! Most of Serbia reminded me of driving Sussex and rural Kent Counties - LOTS of farms - corn, sunflower fileds, a low growing crop, vineyards. Then, when we were in Croatia, you could see mountains in the distance. We were able to visit 2 high schools today, one that had 2 of my teachers there! Tomorrow, I get to go to a Primary school as well as a third high school. We're hoping to also see a castle up close enough for pictures. I was priveleged to stay with Natasa this evening, meet her family and eat a very delicious traditional meal. Thank goodness we also took a walk downtown (so I could lose some of those delicious calories!) I'm going to try to send some pictures. Hopefully it will work. Well, early to bed, early to rise !I'll try posting pictures tomorrow. It's taking too long and maybe at Zelko's school it will go faster.