Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Our trip to BiH is quickly coming to an end. I am very excited to have had the opportunity to visit such a wonderful country and even better people. The youth that we have been hosted by here for the last two weeks were so welcoming and kept us busy everyday.
Tuzla was another great city. There is a lot of history based in the salt mining. Also in the city we were able to visit Kapija, the site where a shell went off and killed many people. It was right in the center of the city and many young people were hurt in the incident. We went to three different schools today - a medical school, a catholic highschool, and then a public high school. They all had a different feel, but the students were all very smart and social. We ended our tour of the city with a boat ride on one of the largest man made lakes in Europe. Now we are preparing to have our going away party tonight at Ivana's house.
I will miss all of the good friends I have made and hope to see them soon.