Sunday, April 23, 2006
Hello New Castle County 4Hers!! I'm so sad that our Bosnian friends have moved onto the next leg of their journey -I'm missing them all already!! Just a few things worth mentioning - they definitely want to visit the Christians Mall (who doesn't?!) but those who were lucky enough to get to the outlets may be shocked by the sticker prices of some of the stores! Also, the group from Susex County love their Wawa !! It was a ritual for the van to make a 5 minute pit stop there on our way to Dover each day. Also, another morning staple is something called "Nutella". It's a chocolate hazelnut spread that they put on their toast like we use jam - it's much better, though :) You can probably find it in the aisle near the peanutbutter. Mark found it at Sam's, I think. Also be sure to ask them to make a meal for you - their spinach pie and "pancakes" are to die for!! If you want to make either of these recipes, contact either myself or any of the teachers and they'll be glad to give them to you. I understand that Berina also made pancakes for her host famly and they devoured them! As you can tell, we had a great time with them and miss them so. Can't wait to see you all again on the 5th! P.S. I'll post more pictures as soon as I get to school and have high speed access - it's way too slow to upload pics with dial-up. Kathy