Wednesday, March 29, 2006

More Info for our Bosnian Guests

At last night's orientation meeting, a suggestion was made to bring your own "adapter" for your electrical appliances such as hair dryers and curling iron, etc. Your plug will not work over here without the adapter. We run on a different kind of electrical current (or something like that) and so your electrical pieces won't work without them. Also, since my husband grew up in the suburbs of a city, he's not much of a farm boy and doesn't exactly like the smells of spring here in Sussex County. He suggested that I let you know to be prepared for a slightly unpleasant odor, especially if your host family lives on or near a farm. At this time of year, many of the farms' fields have been fertilized with chicken manure and lime. There are many wonderful smells and sights at this time of the year, but the fertilizers are not one of them. Just to prepare you:) I can tell you that we were excited about hosting all of you, but after last night, I'm beginning to get butterflies! And from the questions and excitement in the room, I'm sure others feel the same way. 10 days to go! :)Kathy