Thursday, March 30, 2006

Hello Teachers!

Ladies, I am making arrangements for you to visit various grades and classrooms in my elementary school on the 12th. I realize that you teach at the high school level, but I think you'd enjoy seeing the technology (computers and such!) that almost over runs our school!! In the afternoon, my 5th grade teachers would love it if you could spend some time with the 5th graders talking about your country, maybe sharing some pictures and even answering some questions they may have. The teachers are going to tell the students a little about your country, the cultures, etc., but to have visitor from the country tell about it would mean even more! If you could make a Power Point slide show of pictures to share or even e-mail me some photos, I'll put a slide show together that we can broadcast on a big screen for all to see. On the 13th, I'm making arrangements for us to visit two local high schools. One is a technical school that also prepares the students for college. The other is a traditional high school. I'll be contacting the principals for a tour as well as individual teachers to let you sit in on their classes. (I understand you want to see how teaching looks and methods that may be used.) If there is anything else you want to learn about, let me know. I'm open for suggestions. Also, I know that you are all from 3 different cities, but does anyone have an e-mail for Edina Salcinovic? I'd like to communicate with her before she gets here if possible. Kathy